YOUR HUNGARIAN TAX CARD
You may need a tax card in Hungary if you are
- receiving a scholarship from the University or,
- want to work in Hungary.
Application for your first Tax Card is free of charge, and it only takes a few minutes out of your time.
You are required to bring a few documents with you to start your application process:
- Proof of accomodation (“Lakcímkártya” or the Contract)
- Residence permit
- You either have to download and fill in (with a blue pen) the ‘T34’ form or you can do it at the NAV’s office in Pécs (you can check the opening hours/address by clicking here).
You can find the ‘T34’ form in English here, and in Hungarian here (you must fill in the Hungarian one).
- Proceed to the NAV office in Pécs and fill/hand in your form.
- You will receive your tax number on the spot, which can be used for work/school immediately.
- You can now upload your tax number on Neptun or give it to your employer.
- You will receive your tax card by post in 2-3 weeks.
If you may ever need a replacement card, it costs 3000 HUF.